Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Three Days & 5 Questions

Only three days to go and the excitement is building. KK's skin suit arrived from Hincapie yesterday and everything is on schedule and ready to roll.

I asked KK 5 questions to share with you. Here they are:

1. How did you get involved in track racing? What’s kept you competing?

KK: A friend and Teammate, Dan Vogt lent me a track bike back in 2005. Dan helped me get certified at the LA Velodrome and I was hooked from that moment on! I love to race, no question about that!

2. Do you have any rituals that you do before a big race?

KK: No rituals, I do a fair amount of race-simulation training, including warm-up so the body already knows what to do on race day.

3. Do you have a mantra/phrase or philosophy that helps keep you mentally focused during a race?

KK: I’m a blue-collar bike racer, just put-in the work and on race day it pays off. I’m EXTREMLY competitive, very systematic and I enjoy a challenge, but I especially enjoy the process!

4. What do you normally eat for breakfast the day of a race?

KK: Same thing I eat everyday! Nothing changes on race day! I get up, brew a lovely cup of French Roast and pop an English muffin in the toast, slather the muffin with organic peanut butter an honey. That’s first breakfast, then later a 2nd cup of French Roast with Oatmeal and Raisins. Then, 3rd breakfast, about mid-morning, yogurt, banana, apple. Then I start thinking about my lunch!!

5. What advice do you have for riders just getting into the sport?

KK: Work hard, work hard some more and after training over long periods of time, you will be rewarded with success!

No comments:

Post a Comment